Microsoft & Actiance
Extending the Functionality of Microsoft Lync, OCS, and LCS Environments
Many businesses are adopting enterprise-grade unified communications (UC) platforms such as Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Office Communications Server (OCS) to integrate the full suite of UC capabilities, including IM, Web conferencing, video, and Voice-over-IP (VoIP) for increased collaboration, productivity, and cost savings. The challenge is reaping all the collaborative benefits of Lync Server 2010 and OCS R2 without compromising efficiency gains, network security, or corporate policy standards - from preventing malware and information loss over IM to meeting regulatory, corporate governance, and e-Discovery requirements across all UC channels.
Meeting the Unique Needs of Your Environment
In practice, it's also rare that only one UC suite will be used exclusively, even after an organization has standardized on a single platform. The enterprise architecture will more than likely include a combination of applications from leading vendors, require inclusion of still other enterprise collaboration platforms used by partners and/or customers, and employees may continue to download and utilize consumer-oriented Web 2.0 applications. All this multiplies the security, management and compliance challenges faced by IT - issues such as inbound malware, information leakage, and the need for a common policy and reporting framework to simplify administration.
Because Actiance works with the broadest set of platforms and modalities, our products are uniquely positioned to help you secure and enable Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and OCS as well as platforms and clients from other vendors. Actiance also helps you block other platforms and applications for standardization on Lync Server 2010 or OCS, ensuring greater return on your UC investment.
Actiance is the leading Microsoft, gold level partner for security and management of Microsoft Office Communications Server providing:
- Logging, archiving, and easy retrieval of IM and chat - Compliance regulations, including eDiscovery, largely apply to real-time communications and chat threads just as they do to email records.
- Information leak prevention - Content filtering and analysis on over 100 popular file types protects confidential info and prevents data loss.
- Anti-virus scanning and malware prevention - Real-time channels are increasingly targeted by malware, with blended threats hopping from public to enterprise networks.
- Granular policy setting - Many organizations need to apply acceptable use policies at the company, group and employee levels.
- Advanced reporting - Define and send reports based on role or need, such as making eDiscovery reports available to legal teams or providing malware violations to IT staff.
- Support for multiple platforms - Companies standardizing on Lync Server 2010 or OCS often need to manage other consumer- and enterprise-class VoIP, IM, and Web conferencing clients in their environment.
Actiance is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
Download the Actiance Vantage for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 datasheet (PDF).